Thursday, September 29, 2016

Because coffee!


Coffee is like a dream that you wake up from feeling as if something amazing actually happened. Every morning I drag myself out of bed and the first thing that comes to mind is coffee. I count down the minutes until I can taste the first caffeine loaded sip hit my mouth. It empowers me and gives me hope that the rest of my day is going to be awesome. Why is coffee so good? Let me break it down for you.

First, coffee is an abundant source of energy that can be found almost anywhere. You can simply walk or drive to your local gas station, grocery store, book store, coffee house, restaurant, friend's house, street vendor for a delicious cup of java.

Second, it is the best bang for your buck. I know, I know. Starbucks continues to raise prices every year. However, as long as you steer clear of the ridiculous quadruple pump, soy latte's that do not count in my book you can get an amazing cup of coffee from some exotic place in the world and enjoy the complex flavors that a straight cup of joe will bring to your world. Just like bourbon, beer, and wine - drink it straight up no chaser. Trust me it is worth it.

Third, coffee makes breakfast that much better. I have yet to have anything for breakfast that coffee does not enhance. You want a danish? Coffee goes with that. Pancakes you say? Coffee is the perfect complement. How about eggs over easy with some turkey sausage? Yep, coffee will make it sing. Seriously, go try any breakfast dish with a coffee and I think you will agree with me.

Fourth, coffee is a great conversation stimulant. Some of us don't really need much help. However, if you want to enhance your conversation with your good friend about the latest internet happenings, coffee is going to be your best legal option. I do have to warn you to not over do the caffeinated portion of your convo or you will make it a very one sided discussion. Nobody likes a blabber mouth.

Fifth, and this is mainly for my runner friends, coffee makes run even better. Running is amazing and stimulates your mind and body. However, having some coffee before a run will really energize you and get your body moving. Dont over do it here either and do make sure you give yourself some time for a bathroom break prior to heading out.

Sixth, coffee can be enjoyed morning noon or night. It doesn't matter. Most people prefer it in the morning, but it is great for that late afternoon lull. You know the one around 3 PM everyday when your mind starts to wander and you want to just lay your head on your keyboard and snooze. I generally prefer a nice espresso at this time of the day, but any coffee type will be of assistance to you. If you love the taste of coffee and want to enjoy a nice post dinner cafe, then do it decaffeinated. All of the great taste without staying up all night.

There you have it. Undeniable proof of coffee's amazing-ness. Many places around this great country are giving away coffee today as homage to coffee's superiority over all other beverages. Go out and enjoy yourself some java today.

No comments:

Post a Comment