Wednesday, July 6, 2016

In the BeGiNnInG

I have always wanted to be a writer. I love to read and am often amazed at how a well written story can bring out the rawest emotions. When I first started reading in earnest - I mean really reading what I wanted and not what was force fed to me by the educational system - I would think how did this author do this? What inspired them? How were they able to put their thoughts and feelings into the words that so stirred my imagination? Needless to say, life side tracked my pursuit of writing. I am not sure how or why I let that happen. I mean I have continued to be an avid reader of many genres and mediums through my teens, twenties, and into my "older" years. Not sure what the answer is and most of my musings would just sound like excuses anyways. As fate would have it, life has mysteriously weaved my thoughts back to writing. Can it be a positive and constructive way for me to express my inspirations and wild fantasies that lie somewhere in me? Perhaps it could be just a medium for me to put down my innermost musings when life has me twisted up like a July 4th Twizzler. So, here I go. Please reserve all judgment until the ride is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment