Thursday, July 14, 2016

Running for the love of it

ITS BACK! Running. No. RUNNING!


I just finished daily run #4 for the week and #8 in the last 10 days and I actually felt great! I mean this is significant. It has been a LOOOOONG time since I last felt great while running. I don't care if I only ran 3.6 miles. The distance and time and route was not important. It was that my legs felt strong, my back didn't hurt, my butt muscles didn't feel like I just completed 100 squats. I ran free and I ran easy. I can't state just how good that felt, because I don't think there really is a proper comparison. I came home and stretched and then I cried. I cried like a baby. I am sure some of that is just all of the crazy emotions whirling through my head like a glass of water on a tilt-a-whirl. But I also think some of it is all the frustration I have felt for the last year and half while struggling to do something that has meant so much to me for the last three years of my life. I actually cannot believe it has been three years since I picked up running. I can't be sure of how I will feel tomorrow. I am 41 and the reality is my body just doesn't bounce back like it did when I was younger. Hence the need for so much stretching.


But for today I feel great. I am going to bask in this feeling for just a little while, and probably while crying some more. FTW!

How I feel right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment