Monday, July 18, 2016

T's week long DC coffee express with stops all over the city



Over the last couple of years after moving closer into the Washington DC metro area, I have started to appreciate more and more the wonderful culinary and cultural aspects that only a big city like DC can offer. There is just something about small businesses dedicated to niche food and beverage enjoyment that makes it special. As luck would have it I am able to spend an entire week in DC while Lil C is at the Washington Zoo for summer camp. As a result, I am going to spend some time each day at a different coffee shop. Here is my plan for breaking them down.

Using some standard review options, I hope to offer some insight into just how good at coffee these five establishments are or perhaps are not.

Quality of product - What kind of coffees do they offer, how well are they brewed, and ultimately are they any good.

Ambiance of the shop - A good coffee shop is a place to hang out to work, blog or read while trying the product. I will focus on how the environment in the shop plays to those elements. Important points of interest will be music, worker attitudes, decor, seating set up, etc.

Food - I debated using this as means to compare and contrast. Not all coffee shops really focus on food as part of their business and as such it may not necessarily be a fair comparison point. However, to the extent that any of the establishments offers food and I actually sample any of it I will at a minimum discuss the merits or lack thereof.

Price - Pretty simple. How much coffee bucks does it take get the caffeine from behind the counter to my mouth.

I will rate each area on a scale of 1 to 5. 5 being coffee nirvana and 1 being McDonald's attempt at cafe service.

The five coffee shops I plan to attend and blog about are:

Day 1 - The Wydown

Day 2 - Compass Coffee

Day 3 - Dolcezza (City Center)

Day 4 - The Royal Tryst

Day 5 - Maketto

I am really jazzed about this experience. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment